Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Aunt Lolly!

My sister Lori (aka Lolly) had a birthday August 17th. We won’t say how old she is, but regardless, she will always be 5 ½ years older than I am! It was a very special day as my dad drove 2 hours one way to pick up my grandma to bring her back to my parents’ house for the lunch and party. We don’t get to see my grandma that much, and it was such a special time. After lunch was over, my dad drove her back home. That equals about 8 hours worth of driving that day. He is the best son that any mother could ever pray for. My grandma is so blessed to have two wonderful sons that take such good care of her and call her every single morning to check on her and visit her just about every week. Here are some pictures from the day…

I should mention that my grandma has 9 great-grandchildren, and our John Daniel is only the 2nd boy! Girls definitely run in our family so we were so surprised (and I still am!) that our Pumpkin is a boy!

"Cheese!"


One of Caroline’s favorite things to do at my parents’ house is to write on their magic marker board in the laundry room. The funny thing is that this has always been a treat for her cousins Morgan and Madison. But Mimi made them both wait until they were older to color on the board(like maybe 5) but she’s already letting Caroline, which of course wasn’t fair according to Morgan and Madison! "Color! Color!" Patrick has always claimed that Caroline is a lefty, but lately she seems to be using her right hand more. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Iris said...

wow, i thought caroline looked like her daddy but she really looks like her momma in that one picture with her momma!