Monday, October 6, 2008

Back to School


This year we enrolled the kids in a different Mother’s Day Out program. It’s at Lakewood United Methodist Church, which is right next door to the elementary school that we hope to send them to in a few years. The MDO program has an OUTSTANDING reputation, and it’s not always easy to get your kids in. My sister had her daughter on the waiting list for over 2 years and she never got in! But it was definitely a God thing because they had a spot open for Caroline AND Daniel, even though he was only 4 months old in August and they normally don’t take babies until they’re 6 months old. I was thrilled! They will go to school with a lot of the same kids that they will go to elementary school with, plus this will be closer than the MDO program that Caroline had been in.


Caroline will go twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Daniel will just go on Thursdays for the time being. They are both doing GREAT and having so much fun! I am so, so thankful that on Thursdays I get to take them to school and also pick them up, as I only work half-days on Thursdays, specifically for that reason. I was never able to take Caroline to school before JD was born b/c I was working full time. Now that I am working part time I will have the opportunity to spend more time with them and be more involved in their school. I cannot express in words how much this means to me and how thankful I am for that! Thank you sweet Jesus!

Here are some pictures from their first week of school…
Caroline was sooooooo proud of her Abby backpack and her Elmo lunch box. “Melmo!”


















JD was all ready for school in his new "school" outfit (thanks Drew!) that had a squirrel, ruler and pencil on it. He wasn't at all nervous about being the youngest in the class!
When I picked him up he was in Ms. Paulina's arms sleeping so peacefully. Going to school is hard work!
















A lot of times when Caroline gets out of school she is emotional and just plain ready to go home! Her mama is never early picking her up (I’m doing well just to be on time) and she gets upset when she sees the other kids being picked up.

1 comment:

Iris said...

what a praise! i didn't realize that the kids had switched MDOs and that daniel was still too young. again, praise God!